by Bergen Eppers
For those cold wintry days when you need something special, here’s a quick how-to for one of my go-to drinks:
- Grab a coffee mug and fill it with milk for how much hot chocolate you want.
- Now for something fancy. Break off a piece of candy cane and put in the cup. Heat it up in the microwave for one minute. If you have more cups, one minute per cup.
- Once heated, take it out and stir until most of the candy cane is melted. Next, add two tablespoons of your favorite hot chocolate mix. I would suggest Tim Hortons. Then add more if needed until you are happy with your amount of chocolate. I would suggest to make it easier to stir and get a creamier texture, put the mug back in for 30-45 seconds.
- For toppings, it depends on how sweet you want it. Some toppings you can add are whip cream, marshmallows, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, crushed candy cane, or a candy cane stick (peppermint stick dipped in chocolate).
- Now cuddle by the fire in your onesie and enjoy your gourmet hot chocolate.