By Elaine King
13 days. There are thirteen days until Spring Break for those of Bellbrook-Sugarcreek Local School District. Spring Break begins after the school day of March 31. For many, Spring Break includes sandy beaches, the hot sun, and an ocean view; however, not everyone has the luxury to escape from the tristate area. For those trapped in Ohio for the week, fear not. Here is a list of five destinations in Ohio that will make for a Spring Break getaway.
- Hocking Hills in Logan, Ohio is a must see for any Ohioan. The State Park could be an overnight destination or a day trip. Known for its Old Man’s Cave, the park includes hiking trails, zip lining, horse back riding, waterfalls, and much more.
- Great Wolf Lodge in Mason, Ohio – For those seeking an adventure, this water park will exceed expectation. The water park includes fun for the whole family with a children’s play area, a four person slide, and even a roller coaster in the water.
- The Ohio State Reformatory in Mansfield, Ohio can serve as a historic venture or a spooky date night. Once a prison, the sight is now open to the public for its history but for a small fee, you can search for ghosts and other activities of the paranormal realm after hours.
- COSI in Columbus, Ohio is an establishment for the promotion of science. As boring as that sounds, COSI is actually a museum dedicated to making science fun for all ages with interactive displays, tightropes, and a movie theater.
- African Safari Wildlife Park in Port Clinton, Ohio is a drive through wildlife park. If you want to fool your friends into believing you spent spring break in the savannas of Africa, just head 4 hours north, 44 miles east of Toledo and feed a giraffe. Bring fresh carrots!