By: Chelsea Cozad
This recipe easily morphs an everyday drink into a spooky beverage. Its fearsome black color is obtained from activated charcoal. Before you gag at the thought of drinking charcoal, let’s go through some things: activated charcoal has absolutely no flavor and contains many health benefits including teeth whitening, anti-aging, and toxin removal. The recipe is super easy and is sure to chill guests to the bone!
- Juice of one lemon
- 1-2 capsules activated charcoal
- Stevia or maple syrup
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze it with a juicer releasing the juice. Make sure to pick out any seeds that may sneak in. Add lemon juice to a 16 ounce glass.
- Break open 1-2 activated charcoal capsules (check dosage on your bottle or container), add to the lemon juice, and stir to combine.
- Fill glass to the top with ice and add water. Stir in sweetener to taste.
- Garnish with a slice of lemon. Drink and enjoy!
Recipe and Picture Courtesy of : http://www.instructables.com/id/Black-Lemonade/?utm_content=bufferef991&utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest.com&utm_campaign=buffer