by Megan Hyer
Pumpkin cookies are one of the best fall treats. No one ever wants to wait hours to cook and prepare them, though. This is one easy and quick recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. They take a total of about 35 minutes and makes a total of 28 cookies (depending on the size of cookies scoop).
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup butter that is slightly softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium size bowl
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla. Add the pumpkin puree and egg. Make sure to mix well.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture. Then add the chocolate chips.
- Use a prefered 1 ½ tablespoon scoop and drop onto ungreased cookie sheet. Refrigerate cookies for 15 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14-16 minutes. Let cool for about 2 minutes before removing.