By: Abby Clack
This lent, I gave up social media. It hasn’t been easy at all, but also, I am having so much fun. Here are some things I’ve realized so far:
- There is so much in this world. Honestly, I haven’t noticed so many things while walking around because I’m always on my phone. Like, there are numbers of every single window of the school. Also, you could probably say hello to at least 5 people walking down the hallway. And you never see them when you are on your phone.
- I love deep conversations. Without something to fill your time aimlessly, you have so much time to talk to people. I’m over shallow, surface level convos. Let’s get to the nitty-gritty.
- People are beautiful. Have you ever really looked at someone? Not just look but admired their face? See every outline? What makes them who they are? It’s amazing.
- Tik-Tok is WACK. Let me tell you, without Tik-Tok I’m not quoting it like I used too. And now when I hear some of you say some weird quote from a Tik-Tok, I am genuinely concerned for your mental state.
- I hate free time. This generation has a very low attention span, and without something new every 7 seconds, I’m over it. If I am not doing something every minute of every day I feel insane.
- Sleep feels good. Stop watching videos on social media before bed! It makes it harder to sleep! And just getting in your bed and falling asleep feels SO good.