By Henry Wong
1) “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pelé
If you can realize that education is a privilege and come to a liking of what you do, it becomes easier to appreciate what you are being taught.
2) “Perseverance is a virtue that cannot be understated.” – Bob Riley
At times, you may want to give up, but it is not natural intelligence that will get you through high school but grit. This applies in life as well (or so I’ve been told).
3) “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” – Albert Einstein
This quote is a reminder that you must truly understand the things you are taught. Also, school is not the only source for knowledge.
4) “Teachers open doors, but you must enter by yourself.” – Chinese Proverb
Not only should you respect your teachers, but realize that they are leaders and guides in our educational pursuits.
5) “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try, try, again” – Thomas H. Palmer
This is true for me whenever I do any math and it’s basically saying don’t give up.
6) “Diamonds are made under pressure.” – Peter Marshall
This is saying that if you are not driven, you will not succeed. It can also be used to justify why you’re writing your entire three-page paper during study hall.
7) “Pain is temporary; GPA is forever.” – Unknown internet philosopher
Never before have I seen such brutal honesty in a quote. Keep on working for the 4.0.
8) “It’s the thought that counts…” – Henry Van Dyke
In the odd case that you didn’t finish your whole paper during study hall, tell this quote to your teacher when handing it in.
9) “I’m standing in the VIP. I’m parked in the VIP. I go from VIP to VIP so much that I’m nauseous.” – 2 Chainz
A reminder that you, like 2 Chainz, can be in the VIP if you work hard in school.
10) “I love the smell of napalm in the morning.” – Robert Duvall from Apocalypse Now
School is just like a battle so get up early every morning and embrace it.