By: Chelsea Cozad
Cold weather calls for hot and inviting meals. Soups, stews, chili are all too common. Try something different, like this yummy recipe for spaghetti squash, to warm up during the winter months.
Ready in 1 hr 15 min.
- 2-3 lb spaghetti squash
- ⅛ cup of vegetable oil
- ⅛ cup of olive oil
- Vegetables, meats, and cheeses of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise
- Scrape out the seeds and membrane with a spoon
- Place squash with the inside face up on a baking sheet
- Mix ⅛ of a cup of vegetable oil with ⅛ of a cup of olive oil (try a flavored oil for an even greater flavor profile)
- Generously lather the inside halves of the squash with the oil mixtures
- Season liberally with salt and pepper
- Place on the middle rack of the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the meat of the squash is tender and separates with little resistance from the skin
- Take out and let cool for at least 15 minutes before separating the squash strands with a fork
- Make additions as you please–parmesan, mozzarella, veggies, meat–the options are endless!
- Sit down and dig in!