by Abbey Raison
Planning for a dance can be stressful, especially if you do not know whether or not you will be asked by someone. I’ve been to my fair share of high school dances, and I’ve been placed on both ends of the spectrum, going stag and going with a date. If you’re feeling sad about not having a date to the next dance, I’m here with 5 reasons why it’s better to go alone with a group of friends.
1. You don’t have to buy a corsage/boutonniere
Who wants to pay for tiny over-priced flowers on top of tickets and dinner, anyway?
2. Dancing with your friends is 1000x better than trying to look cool for your date.
Dancing like no one is watching with your friends is much more fun.
3. You only have to pay for your own dinner and ticket.
Going to a dance with a date can really put a dent in your wallet.
4. You will feel much less awkward with your friends.
No one wants to sit through an awkward dinner and a silent car ride.
5. You don’t have to worry about matching anyone.
You can show up to the dance wearing any color your heart desires.
All of this aside, going with a date can be fun if you’ve been dating for a while or if they are a really good friend. However, if someone you barely talk to is thinking about asking you, let them down lightly and make plans with your friends. You will have so much more fun and your savings account will be forever grateful.