by Megan Hyer
These Gingerbread Cookies have a prep time of about 10 minutes, a cook time of about 7 minutes, and chilling time of about 2 hours, for a total time of about 2 hours and 17 minutes. This recipe makes about 36 cookies (depending on the size of them).
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- First beat the butter and shortening until they are mixed.
- Add sugar, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, and cinnamon continuing to beat on medium until it’s all combined and fluffy.
- Add molasses, vanilla, egg, and vinegar and beat until well mixed.
- Slowly add flour (at little at a time) until it’s all combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Roll dough to about a 1/4 of an inch on a lightly floured surface, cut with cookie cutters into shapes.
- Bake for about 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are lightly brown.
- Let cool for 2 minutes on the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack to fully cool.