by Casey Murphy
One too many times I find myself bored at home not knowing what to do. Here is a list of fun and free things I’ve come across to do in Bellbrook:
- Have a Netflix marathon with some friends and make low-budget snacks.
- If you don’t have Netflix, you can always go to Winters Library and check out some free movies or books.
- Visit and admire beautiful sceneries. Some good places you could visit are Hills and Dales in Oakwood or The Sugarcreek Reserve. My family and I had a photo shoot at Hills and Dales this past weekend.
- If the weather’s good, go for a drive with some friends and play good music. You and friend can give each other manicures or with a very trusted friend, give each other haircuts–but not while driving.
- When you’re feeling energized, there are plenty of local free sports areas to play soccer, tennis or basketball. Places like the YMCA, Delco and Vemco Park.
- Take a hot bath or shower on a rainy day.
- There are many types of people in this world. Sometimes a fun thing to do is just sit down, get comfortable and “people watch” in your neighborhood or the local Wal-Mart
- Volunteering is not just fun to do but rewarding for yourself. Even more importantly, you’re rewarding and helping someone in need of your time. An example of a great place to give your time is The Caring Place on Thursday nights helping serve food to the less fortunate. It is located in Xenia at the First Evangelical Lutheran Church.
- Go for hike on a sunny day!
- Sometimes clearing your head is the best way to stay calm and get out of that non-motivated slump. A great to clear your mind is yoga. Very relaxing and good for you.
- Visit the lighted tree at the outdoor shopping center of The Greene in Beavercreek.
- My favorite thing to do when the weather is a bit warmer is to go to a river or lake nearby and grab some friends to fish and swim.