By: Emily Bevelhymer
The arrival of spring has brought beautiful weather and the imminent arrival of summer promises to bring even more long, sunny days. The warmer weather inspires me to make treats that are fresh and light. One of my favorites to make during this time of year is mandarin orange salad. It combines the best fruits of the season and makes it sweet with coconut. Enjoy the recipe and take bliss in the fruitful goodness.
- 8 oz tub of Cool Whip or other whipped topping
- ¼ cup of milk
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 cup of chopped nut (pecans or walnuts work well)
- 2 cup of mini marshmallows
- 2 (15 oz) can of mandarin oranges drained well
- 8 oz can of crushed pineapple slightly drained
- In a bowl combine whipped topping, milk, and sour cream.
- Add the coconut, nuts, and marshmallows and stir well.
- Add the oranges and pineapple folding in gently.
- If the mixture is thick, some of the pineapple juice can be added to thin in out.
- Serve after making or cover and chill for later enjoyment.