by Sydney Hollingsworth
As the seasons change from warm and bright to cold and dark, it can be difficult to stay in a good mood. If winter is bringing you down, here are some tips to keep you motivated and to keep your mind off the doldrums of these months:
- Spend time with your friends baking cookies, going sledding, having a movie night, etc.
- Start journaling. Getting your feelings out of your brain and onto a page can help clear your mind.
- Learn a new instrument. If you devote a specific amount of time every day to practicing, starting now, by the end of the cold months you’ll be able to play some songs!
- Reorganize and redecorate your room. A change of scenery in your everyday life could spice things up a bit. You can go to stores like Home 2 Home to find unique pieces that will make your room your very own.
- Listen to new music. Some of my favorite songs right now are:
- Change up your wardrobe. Shopping at thrift stores is a great way to find affordable, unique pieces.
At this point in the year, school is really difficult and stressful. Keeping your head up can seem pointless and overly troublesome. It is important for you to remember that you will get through whatever you may be going through currently, and that you will emerge a stronger person with the capability of dealing with difficult situations. It’s okay to be feeling down; you are not alone. Keep on working hard and things will be all right.